LAST UPDATED: March 4, 2021
BREWSCOUT, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use, access and/or enjoy the Company’s mobile application (“App”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect through the App and your use thereof, including, but not limited to, your communications sent or received from the App, as well as, your interactions with our advertising and application on third-party websites, applications and services, such as our social media pages.
It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), except as otherwise expressly set forth herein.
Individuals Under the Age of 21
Our App is not intended for individuals under 21 years of age. No one under age 21 may provide any information, personal or otherwise, to or on the App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under 21. If you are under 21, do not use or provide any information on this App or on or through any of its features/register on the App, make any purchases through the App, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this App or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from an individual under 21 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information; provided, however, that we shall not and do not have any obligation to confirm that all of our members comply with this provision nor shall we incur any liability for any errors or omissions with respect to this provision. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under 21, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our App, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE WEBSITE COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER ANY APPLICABLE LAW (“personal information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your opinions, comments and criticism relating to the Company’s operations and/or business; and/or
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our App and usage details.
- about how you use our App, your viewing habits, the pages you visit, the amount of time that you are on the site and other related analytics.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our App may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our App, if you registered, subscribing to any services that we may offer, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the App.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the App, or transmitted to other users of the App or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages, in our discretion, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the App with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our App, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the App.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our App.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include, among other things:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our App may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our App. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our App and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see the Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information Section, below.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our App and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices (as applicable).
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our App or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our App, as they are developed.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about updates with respect to our business and services.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates; or
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them; or
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; or
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email request to opt out at: email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
Last Updated: February 23, 2021
California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a California resident, you can make certain requests regarding your personal information. We will fulfill each of these requests to the extent required by law.
You can ask:
- what personal information we have about you, including a list of categories of your personal information that we have sold and a list of categories of your personal information that we have shared with another company for a business purpose.
- us to delete your personal information; and/or
- to stop selling your personal information.
More information on each of these requests is below.
- If you ask about the personal information that we collect about you, we will return to you (to the extent required by law):
- The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have sold, along with the category of any other company we sold it to. Any of the categories of personal information that we collect could be included in a sale to other companies, including those within our corporate family. If we have not sold your personal information, we will inform you of that fact.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the category of any other company we shared it with.
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
You can ask us to provide you with this information up to two times in a rolling twelve-month period. When you make this request, the information provided may be limited to personal information we collected about you in the previous 12 months.
- Delete My Personal Information: You have the right to ask that we delete your personal information. Once we receive a request, we will delete the personal information (to the extent required by law) we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. If you choose to delete your personal information, you may not be able to use certain website or in-store functions that require your personal information to operate. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information.
- Stop Selling My Personal Information: We do not sell your personal information for monetary consideration. However, under some circumstances a transfer of personal information to a third party without monetary consideration may be considered a “sale” under California law. For purposes of California law, all categories of personal information, except for background and criminal information, biometric information, and government identifiers, are transferred to third parties or within our family of companies. Such transfers may be considered a sale. If you submit a request to stop selling your personal information, we will stop making such transfers.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. This generally means we will not deny you goods or services, charge different prices or rates, provide a different level of service or quality of goods, or suggest that you might receive a different price or level of quality for goods. Please know, if you ask us to delete or stop selling your data, it may impact your experience with us, and you may not be able to participate in certain programs or membership services which require usage of your personal information to function.
To exercise the California privacy rights described above, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 240.753.0556.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the App.